Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 8:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 08:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.52 meters/second, 1499.5 km/hour, 931.7 miles/hour or 809.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 27.4"||931.43 mi||West||0° 02' 44.5"||3.15 mi||North||931.57 mi|
|24 hours||14° 51' 11.4"||962.44 mi||East||1° 46' 24.2"||121.99 mi||North||975.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Masvingo||Thu 10:32 AM||103 km||64 miles||56 nm||WNW|
|Mutare||Thu 10:32 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||NNE|
|Gweru||Thu 10:32 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||WNW|
|Chitungwiza||Thu 10:32 AM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||NNW|
|Harare||Thu 10:32 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NNW|
|Bulawayo||Thu 10:32 AM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||W|
|Beira||Thu 10:32 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||ENE|
|Polokwane||Thu 10:32 AM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||SSW|
|Francistown||Thu 10:32 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||W|
|Nelspruit||Thu 10:32 AM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.