Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 8:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 08:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.54 meters/second, 1499.5 km/hour, 931.8 miles/hour or 809.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 27.7"||931.47 mi||West||0° 02' 46.0"||3.17 mi||North||931.62 mi|
|24 hours||14° 51' 01.3"||962.30 mi||East||1° 46' 58.7"||122.64 mi||North||975.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bulawayo||Thu 10:42 AM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||WNW|
|Gweru||Thu 10:42 AM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||NNE|
|Masvingo||Thu 10:42 AM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||ENE|
|Francistown||Thu 10:42 AM||203 km||126 miles||109 nm||WSW|
|Tonota||Thu 10:42 AM||220 km||136 miles||119 nm||WSW|
|Selebi-Phikwe||Thu 10:42 AM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||SW|
|Chitungwiza||Thu 10:42 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||NNE|
|Serowe||Thu 10:42 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||SW|
|Harare||Thu 10:42 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NNE|
|Polokwane||Thu 10:42 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.