Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 416.56 meters/second, 1499.6 kilometres/hour, 931.8 miles/hour or 809.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 27.9"||931.52 mi||West||0° 02' 47.6"||3.20 mi||North||931.67 mi|
|24 hours||14° 50' 51.2"||962.17 mi||East||1° 47' 33.3"||123.30 mi||North||975.43 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Francistown||Thu 10:52 AM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||SE|
|Tonota||Thu 10:52 AM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||SSE|
|Bulawayo||Thu 10:52 AM||177 km||110 miles||96 nm||ENE|
|Selebi-Phikwe||Thu 10:52 AM||192 km||119 miles||103 nm||SSE|
|Serowe||Thu 10:52 AM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||S|
|Gweru||Thu 10:52 AM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||ENE|
|Maun||Thu 10:52 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||W|
|Masvingo||Thu 10:52 AM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||E|
|Molepolole||Thu 10:52 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|Polokwane||Thu 10:52 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.