Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.65 meters/second, 1503.5 km/hour, 934.3 miles/hour or 811.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.57 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 39.6"||933.98 mi||West||0° 03' 49.8"||4.39 mi||North||934.18 mi|
|24 hours||14° 42' 55.0"||955.89 mi||East||2° 10' 46.8"||149.92 mi||North||973.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Iquique *||Thu 12:46 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||E|
|Arequipa||Thu 10:46 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||N|
|Antofagasta *||Thu 12:46 PM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||SSE|
|La Paz||Thu 11:46 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||NE|
|Cochabamba||Thu 11:46 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Thu 11:46 AM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||E|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 10:46 AM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||N|
|Salta||Thu 12:46 PM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||SE|
|Santa Cruz||Thu 11:46 AM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Thu 10:46 AM||1026 km||638 miles||554 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.