Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.43 meters/second, 1506.3 kilometres/hour, 936.0 miles/hour or 813.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 48.8"||935.73 mi||West||0° 04' 24.6"||5.06 mi||North||935.95 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 33.8"||951.71 mi||East||2° 23' 35.7"||164.60 mi||North||972.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 11:44 AM||584 km||363 miles||316 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 10:44 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 9:44 AM||2151 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 2:44 PM||2189 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 9:44 AM||3176 km||1974 miles||1715 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:44 AM||3890 km||2417 miles||2101 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 8:44 AM||4255 km||2644 miles||2298 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 9:44 AM||4562 km||2835 miles||2464 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 8:44 AM||4773 km||2966 miles||2577 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Thu 1:44 PM||5450 km||3386 miles||2943 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.