Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 19:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.46 meters/second, 1506.5 km/hour, 936.1 miles/hour or 813.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 49.1"||935.80 mi||West||0° 04' 26.1"||5.08 mi||North||936.03 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 19.6"||951.53 mi||East||2° 24' 07.4"||165.21 mi||North||972.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 10:54 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Thu 11:54 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 9:54 AM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 2:54 PM||2418 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 9:54 AM||2928 km||1819 miles||1581 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:54 AM||3687 km||2291 miles||1991 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 8:54 AM||4005 km||2489 miles||2163 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 9:54 AM||4312 km||2679 miles||2328 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 8:54 AM||4526 km||2812 miles||2444 nm||W|
|Suva *||Fri 8:54 AM||5236 km||3253 miles||2827 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.