Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 10:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 22:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.00 meters/second, 1508.4 km/hour, 937.3 miles/hour or 814.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.7"||937.00 mi||West||0° 04' 47.1"||5.48 mi||North||937.25 mi|
|24 hours||14° 33' 46.3"||948.77 mi||East||2° 31' 45.5"||173.96 mi||North||971.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Thu 11:20 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Thu 11:20 AM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:20 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||ESE|
|Neiafu||Fri 11:20 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||W|
|Pangai||Fri 11:20 AM||802 km||499 miles||433 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:20 PM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 12:20 PM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:20 AM||903 km||561 miles||487 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:20 AM||1236 km||768 miles||668 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Fri 11:20 AM||1576 km||979 miles||851 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.