Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 22:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 22:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.00 meters/second, 1508.4 km/hour, 937.3 miles/hour or 814.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.62 mi||west||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||north||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.7"||937.07 mi||west||0° 04' 47.2"||5.49 mi||north||937.32 mi|
|24 hours||14° 33' 44.7"||948.81 mi||east||2° 31' 48.9"||174.03 mi||north||971.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Thu 11:20 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 11:20 AM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Fri 11:20 AM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:20 PM||770 km||479 miles||416 nm||ESE|
|Pangai||Fri 11:20 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:20 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 12:20 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:20 AM||875 km||544 miles||473 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:20 AM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Fri 11:20 AM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.