Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 23:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.23 meters/second, 1509.2 km/hour, 937.8 miles/hour or 814.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 58.4"||937.51 mi||west||0° 04' 55.5"||5.65 mi||north||937.77 mi|
|24 hours||345° 27' 44.5"||947.59 mi||west||2° 34' 50.7"||177.49 mi||north||971.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suva *||Fri 12:20 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||NNW|
|Levuka *||Fri 12:20 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||N|
|Nadi *||Fri 12:20 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||NW|
|Lautoka *||Fri 12:20 PM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||NW|
|Labasa *||Fri 12:20 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:20 PM||638 km||396 miles||345 nm||ESE|
|Pangai||Fri 12:20 PM||706 km||439 miles||381 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Fri 12:20 PM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Fri 10:20 AM||1137 km||706 miles||614 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 12:20 PM||1174 km||730 miles||634 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.