Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.26 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.0"||937.60 mi||West||0° 04' 57.0"||5.67 mi||North||937.86 mi|
|24 hours||345° 27' 59.7"||947.39 mi||West||2° 35' 21.3"||178.08 mi||North||971.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Fri 12:30 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||NNE|
|Lautoka *||Fri 12:30 PM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Fri 12:30 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||NE|
|Levuka *||Fri 12:30 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NE|
|Labasa *||Fri 12:30 PM||458 km||285 miles||248 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:30 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Fri 10:30 AM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||WNW|
|Pangai||Fri 12:30 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Fri 12:30 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||E|
|Noumea||Fri 10:30 AM||1091 km||678 miles||589 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.