Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 23:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.27 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.0"||937.61 mi||west||0° 04' 57.1"||5.68 mi||north||937.87 mi|
|24 hours||345° 28' 01.5"||947.37 mi||west||2° 35' 24.7"||178.14 mi||north||971.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Fri 12:30 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||NNE|
|Lautoka *||Fri 12:30 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Fri 12:30 PM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Fri 10:30 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:30 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||ESE|
|Pangai||Fri 12:30 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||E|
|Noumea||Fri 10:30 AM||1063 km||661 miles||574 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:30 AM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Fri 1:30 PM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Thu 12:30 PM||1454 km||903 miles||785 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.