Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 11, 2013 at 5:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.64 meters/second, 1514.3 kilometres/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 16.2"||940.68 mi||West||0° 05' 42.7"||6.55 mi||North||940.97 mi|
|24 hours||14° 23' 08.4"||940.54 mi||East||2° 51' 45.2"||196.86 mi||North||968.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Fri 11:30 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||N|
|Bandung||Fri 12:00 Noon||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Fri 12:00 Noon||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Fri 12:00 Noon||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Fri 12:00 Noon||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Fri 12:00 Noon||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:00 PM||2241 km||1393 miles||1210 nm||ENE|
|Perth||Fri 1:00 PM||2334 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||SE|
|Singapore||Fri 1:00 PM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Fri 12:00 Noon||2477 km||1539 miles||1338 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.