Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.64 meters/second, 1514.3 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||north||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 16.2"||940.68 mi||west||0° 05' 42.7"||6.55 mi||north||940.97 mi|
|24 hours||14° 23' 08.4"||940.54 mi||east||2° 51' 45.2"||196.86 mi||north||968.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandung||Fri 12:00 Noon||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Fri 12:00 Noon||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Fri 12:00 Noon||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Fri 12:00 Noon||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Fri 12:00 Noon||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:00 PM||2241 km||1393 miles||1210 nm||ENE|
|Perth||Fri 1:00 PM||2334 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||SE|
|Singapore||Fri 1:00 PM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Fri 12:00 Noon||2477 km||1539 miles||1338 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 1:00 PM||2500 km||1554 miles||1350 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.