Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.69 meters/second, 1514.5 km/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||north||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 16.8"||940.86 mi||west||0° 05' 44.1"||6.58 mi||north||941.15 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 49.6"||940.36 mi||east||2° 52' 17.4"||197.49 mi||north||968.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bengkulu||Fri 12:10 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Fri 12:10 PM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Fri 12:10 PM||1937 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Fri 12:10 PM||2344 km||1456 miles||1266 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 1:10 PM||2460 km||1529 miles||1328 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:10 PM||2492 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||ENE|
|Perth||Fri 1:10 PM||2551 km||1585 miles||1378 nm||SE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 1:10 PM||2569 km||1597 miles||1387 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Fri 12:10 PM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||NE|
|Amsterdam Island||Fri 10:10 AM||2663 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.