Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 05:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 05:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.77 meters/second, 1514.8 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||north||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 18.0"||940.98 mi||west||0° 05' 46.8"||6.62 mi||north||941.28 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 17.6"||939.89 mi||east||2° 53' 11.8"||198.52 mi||north||968.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jakarta||Fri 12:30 PM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Fri 12:30 PM||2310 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||ENE|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 11:30 AM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||WNW|
|Amsterdam Island||Fri 10:30 AM||2416 km||1501 miles||1305 nm||SSW|
|Singapore||Fri 1:30 PM||2696 km||1675 miles||1456 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 1:30 PM||2755 km||1712 miles||1487 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:30 PM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||ENE|
|Perth||Fri 1:30 PM||2938 km||1826 miles||1587 nm||SE|
|Pontianak||Fri 12:30 PM||2963 km||1841 miles||1600 nm||NE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 11:00 AM||3080 km||1914 miles||1663 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.