Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 11:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.42 meters/second, 1520.7 km/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.75 mi||west||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||north||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 39.6"||944.69 mi||west||0° 06' 32.8"||7.51 mi||north||945.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 58.3"||931.91 mi||east||3° 09' 27.5"||217.14 mi||north||964.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Fri 12:20 PM||888 km||552 miles||480 nm||ENE|
|Walvis Bay *||Fri 1:20 PM||1018 km||632 miles||550 nm||ESE|
|Windhoek *||Fri 1:20 PM||1245 km||774 miles||672 nm||ESE|
|Jamestown||Fri 11:20 AM||1277 km||793 miles||689 nm||W|
|Luanda||Fri 12:20 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||NE|
|Kinshasa||Fri 12:20 PM||1860 km||1156 miles||1005 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Fri 12:20 PM||1864 km||1158 miles||1007 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Fri 11:20 AM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||N|
|Cape Town||Fri 1:20 PM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||SSE|
|Libreville||Fri 12:20 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1142 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.