Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.37 meters/second, 1527.7 km/hour, 949.3 miles/hour or 824.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.82 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||north||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 05.6"||949.06 mi||west||0° 07' 19.8"||8.40 mi||north||949.42 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 05.9"||922.72 mi||east||3° 25' 39.4"||235.68 mi||north||960.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Fri 12:40 PM||1053 km||654 miles||568 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Fri 1:40 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Fri 12:40 PM||1798 km||1118 miles||971 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 11:40 AM||1928 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||NNW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 1:40 PM||2034 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Fri 12:40 PM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||NNE|
|Sucre||Fri 1:40 PM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||E|
|Santiago *||Fri 2:40 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SE|
|Córdoba||Fri 2:40 PM||2585 km||1606 miles||1396 nm||SE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 12:40 PM||2714 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.