Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 11, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.31 meters/second, 1531.1 kilometres/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 18.4"||951.18 mi||West||0° 07' 40.1"||8.79 mi||North||951.55 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 26.6"||918.33 mi||East||3° 32' 36.3"||243.64 mi||North||958.06 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 12:34 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 3:34 PM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 10:34 AM||2429 km||1509 miles||1312 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:34 AM||3499 km||2174 miles||1889 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:34 AM||3978 km||2472 miles||2148 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 9:34 AM||4566 km||2837 miles||2466 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 10:34 AM||4841 km||3008 miles||2614 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Fri 2:34 PM||5061 km||3145 miles||2733 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 9:34 AM||5099 km||3169 miles||2753 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Fri 2:34 PM||5315 km||3303 miles||2870 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.