Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 20:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.38 meters/second, 1531.4 km/hour, 951.5 miles/hour or 826.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.86 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||north||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 19.2"||951.38 mi||west||0° 07' 41.4"||8.82 mi||north||951.75 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 04.8"||918.11 mi||east||3° 33' 02.4"||244.15 mi||north||957.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 12:44 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 11:44 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Fri 10:44 AM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 3:44 PM||2326 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:44 AM||3222 km||2002 miles||1740 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:44 AM||3733 km||2319 miles||2015 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 9:44 AM||4286 km||2663 miles||2314 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 10:44 AM||4557 km||2832 miles||2461 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 9:44 AM||4823 km||2997 miles||2604 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 2:44 PM||5238 km||3255 miles||2828 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.