Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 11, 2013 at 8:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 20:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.42 meters/second, 1531.5 kilometres/hour, 951.6 miles/hour or 827.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 19.9"||951.43 mi||West||0° 07' 42.4"||8.83 mi||North||951.80 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 47.2"||917.82 mi||East||3° 33' 23.1"||244.53 mi||North||957.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 11:54 AM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 12:54 PM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 10:54 AM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 3:54 PM||2523 km||1568 miles||1362 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:54 AM||3002 km||1865 miles||1621 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:54 AM||3541 km||2201 miles||1912 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 9:54 AM||4063 km||2525 miles||2194 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 10:54 AM||4330 km||2691 miles||2338 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:54 AM||4383 km||2723 miles||2367 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 9:54 AM||4602 km||2860 miles||2485 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.