Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 11, 2013 at 9:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.57 meters/second, 1532.0 km/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 21.9"||951.75 mi||West||0° 07' 45.5"||8.89 mi||North||952.12 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 55.9"||917.15 mi||East||3° 34' 23.4"||245.68 mi||North||957.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 12:20 PM||714 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Fri 11:50 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 1:20 PM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 11:20 AM||1258 km||782 miles||679 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 11:20 AM||2358 km||1465 miles||1273 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 11:20 AM||3017 km||1874 miles||1629 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 4:20 PM||3116 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 10:20 AM||3407 km||2117 miles||1840 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 11:20 AM||3667 km||2278 miles||1980 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 10:20 AM||3724 km||2314 miles||2011 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.