Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.57 meters/second, 1532.1 km/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 21.9"||951.76 mi||west||0° 07' 45.5"||8.89 mi||north||952.14 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 53.7"||917.13 mi||east||3° 34' 26.1"||245.73 mi||north||957.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 12:20 PM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Fri 11:50 AM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Fri 1:20 PM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 11:20 AM||1230 km||764 miles||664 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 11:20 AM||2330 km||1448 miles||1258 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 11:20 AM||2995 km||1861 miles||1617 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 4:20 PM||3142 km||1952 miles||1696 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 10:20 AM||3379 km||2100 miles||1825 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 11:20 AM||3638 km||2261 miles||1964 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 10:20 AM||3699 km||2299 miles||1997 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.