Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 11, 2013 at 9:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 21:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.70 meters/second, 1532.5 km/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 23.8"||952.05 mi||West||0° 07' 48.2"||8.94 mi||North||952.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 08.5"||916.54 mi||East||3° 35' 18.8"||246.74 mi||North||957.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 11:44 AM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Fri 12:14 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Fri 1:44 PM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 11:44 AM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 11:44 AM||2599 km||1615 miles||1403 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 10:44 AM||2802 km||1741 miles||1513 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 11:44 AM||3054 km||1898 miles||1649 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 10:44 AM||3121 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 10:44 AM||3358 km||2087 miles||1813 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 4:44 PM||3676 km||2284 miles||1985 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.