Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 11, 2013 at 10:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 22:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.96 meters/second, 1533.4 kilometres/hour, 952.8 miles/hour or 828.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 27.2"||952.62 mi||West||0° 07' 53.4"||9.04 mi||North||953.00 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 37.3"||915.35 mi||East||3° 37' 03.8"||248.74 mi||North||956.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 12:30 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 12:30 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Fri 12:30 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Fri 11:30 AM||1642 km||1020 miles||887 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 12:30 PM||1884 km||1170 miles||1017 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:30 AM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:30 PM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sat 11:30 AM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 2:30 PM||2683 km||1667 miles||1449 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sat 11:30 AM||2869 km||1783 miles||1549 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.