Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.18 meters/second, 1534.2 km/hour, 953.3 miles/hour or 828.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.89 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 30.4"||953.12 mi||west||0° 07' 57.9"||9.13 mi||north||953.50 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 17.6"||914.32 mi||east||3° 38' 34.2"||250.46 mi||north||955.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Fri 12:10 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:10 PM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||SE|
|Pago Pago||Fri 12:10 PM||766 km||476 miles||413 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sat 1:10 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 1:10 PM||940 km||584 miles||507 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:10 PM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:10 PM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Fri 1:10 PM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||E|
|Suva *||Sat 12:10 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:10 AM||2035 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.