Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.26 meters/second, 1534.5 km/hour, 953.5 miles/hour or 828.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.89 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.3"||953.30 mi||west||0° 07' 59.3"||9.16 mi||north||953.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 49.7"||913.96 mi||east||3° 39' 05.5"||251.06 mi||north||955.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Fri 12:24 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||SW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 12:24 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Sat 1:24 PM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 1:24 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Sat 12:24 PM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||WSW|
|Pangai||Sat 12:24 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:24 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:24 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:24 PM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sat 12:24 PM||1499 km||931 miles||809 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.