Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.29 meters/second, 1534.7 km/hour, 953.6 miles/hour or 828.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.89 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.9"||953.37 mi||west||0° 08' 00.1"||9.17 mi||north||953.76 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 37.7"||913.80 mi||east||3° 39' 18.9"||251.32 mi||north||955.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Fri 12:30 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 12:30 PM||353 km||219 miles||190 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 1:30 PM||460 km||286 miles||249 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 1:30 PM||501 km||311 miles||271 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Sat 12:30 PM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||WSW|
|Pangai||Sat 12:30 PM||653 km||406 miles||352 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:30 PM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:30 PM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:30 PM||1074 km||667 miles||580 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sat 12:30 PM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.