Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 11, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.35 meters/second, 1534.9 km/hour, 953.7 miles/hour or 828.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.89 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 32.6"||953.50 mi||west||0° 08' 01.1"||9.19 mi||north||953.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 17.8"||913.54 mi||east||3° 39' 41.2"||251.74 mi||north||955.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Fri 12:40 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Fri 12:40 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NNE|
|Neiafu||Sat 12:40 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 1:40 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 1:40 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||NNW|
|Pangai||Sat 12:40 PM||449 km||279 miles||243 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:40 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 11:40 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:40 PM||838 km||521 miles||452 nm||N|
|Labasa *||Sat 12:40 PM||992 km||616 miles||536 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.