Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.60 meters/second, 1535.8 km/hour, 954.3 miles/hour or 829.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.90 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 36.0"||954.06 mi||west||0° 08' 06.0"||9.28 mi||north||954.44 mi|
|24 hours||346° 13' 10.1"||912.39 mi||west||3° 41' 18.5"||253.60 mi||north||954.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lautoka *||Sat 1:24 PM||108 km||67 miles||58 nm||SW|
|Nadi *||Sat 1:24 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Sat 1:24 PM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:24 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||SE|
|Pangai||Sat 1:24 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||ESE|
|Neiafu||Sat 1:24 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:24 PM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||N|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:24 AM||1044 km||648 miles||563 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:24 PM||1138 km||707 miles||615 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Fri 1:24 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.