Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 01:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.94 meters/second, 1537.0 km/hour, 955.0 miles/hour or 829.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 40.8"||954.84 mi||west||0° 08' 12.6"||9.41 mi||north||955.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 44' 47.0"||910.80 mi||east||3° 43' 31.7"||256.14 mi||north||954.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Sat 12:24 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Sat 12:24 PM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sat 12:24 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sat 12:24 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Sat 11:24 AM||1601 km||995 miles||865 nm||SW|
|Suva *||Sat 2:24 PM||1603 km||996 miles||865 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 1:24 PM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Sat 11:24 AM||1879 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sat 11:24 AM||1932 km||1201 miles||1043 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 1:24 PM||1940 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.