Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.00 meters/second, 1537.2 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 41.6"||955.03 mi||west||0° 08' 13.7"||9.43 mi||north||955.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 44' 26.8"||910.60 mi||east||3° 43' 53.2"||256.57 mi||north||953.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Sat 12:34 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sat 12:34 PM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sat 12:34 PM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||N|
|Noumea||Sat 12:34 PM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Sat 11:34 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sat 11:34 AM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sat 11:34 AM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Sat 2:34 PM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 1:34 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||NNE|
|Sydney *||Sat 12:34 PM||2141 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.