Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 03:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.60 meters/second, 1539.4 km/hour, 956.5 miles/hour or 831.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.94 mi||west||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||north||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 50.0"||956.31 mi||west||0° 08' 25.0"||9.65 mi||north||956.70 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 55.1"||907.77 mi||east||3° 47' 35.5"||260.79 mi||north||952.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Sat 12:50 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Sat 12:50 PM||694 km||431 miles||374 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 12:50 PM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sat 1:20 PM||1064 km||661 miles||574 nm||E|
|Dili||Sat 12:20 PM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 1:20 PM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Sat 12:20 PM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Sat 12:20 PM||1733 km||1077 miles||936 nm||N|
|Eucla||Sat 12:05 PM||1827 km||1136 miles||987 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Sat 1:50 PM||2068 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.