Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 04:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 04:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.90 meters/second, 1540.4 km/hour, 957.2 miles/hour or 831.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.95 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.2"||957.04 mi||west||0° 08' 30.2"||9.75 mi||north||957.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 11.4"||906.48 mi||east||3° 49' 21.4"||262.83 mi||north||951.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Broome||Sat 12:10 PM||229 km||142 miles||123 nm||SW|
|Kupang||Sat 12:10 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||N|
|Suai||Sat 1:10 PM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||NNE|
|Same||Sat 1:10 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Sat 12:10 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 1:10 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Sat 1:40 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||ENE|
|Baucau||Sat 1:10 PM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Sat 12:10 PM||1014 km||630 miles||548 nm||NNW|
|Denpasar||Sat 12:10 PM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.