Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.19 meters/second, 1541.5 km/hour, 957.8 miles/hour or 832.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 58.2"||957.62 mi||west||0° 08' 35.5"||9.85 mi||north||958.02 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 29.8"||905.08 mi||east||3° 51' 03.2"||264.75 mi||north||950.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sat 12:00 Noon||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||NW|
|Malang||Sat 12:00 Noon||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 1:00 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sat 12:00 Noon||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||N|
|Singaraja||Sat 1:00 PM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||NNE|
|Mataram||Sat 1:00 PM||979 km||608 miles||529 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Sat 12:00 Noon||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||N|
|Semarang||Sat 12:00 Noon||1027 km||638 miles||555 nm||N|
|Bandung||Sat 12:00 Noon||1112 km||691 miles||600 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 12:00 Noon||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.