Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 17:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 17:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.47 meters/second, 1556.9 km/hour, 967.4 miles/hour or 840.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.12 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||north||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 59.4"||967.30 mi||west||0° 09' 43.2"||11.14 mi||north||967.72 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 37.6"||885.38 mi||east||4° 12' 48.5"||289.65 mi||north||938.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trinidad||Sat 1:10 PM||114 km||71 miles||61 nm||WSW|
|Santa Cruz||Sat 1:10 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SSE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sat 1:10 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||SE|
|Riberalta||Sat 1:10 PM||434 km||269 miles||234 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Sat 1:10 PM||506 km||315 miles||273 nm||WSW|
|Sucre||Sat 1:10 PM||536 km||333 miles||290 nm||SSW|
|Porto Velho||Sat 1:10 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||N|
|Cobija||Sat 1:10 PM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||NW|
|Rio Branco||Sat 1:10 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NW|
|Manaus||Sat 1:10 PM||1316 km||818 miles||711 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.