Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 11:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 23:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.57 meters/second, 1564.4 km/hour, 972.1 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 30.3"||971.94 mi||West||0° 10' 11.4"||11.68 mi||North||972.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 31.8"||875.53 mi||East||4° 21' 26.3"||299.50 mi||North||931.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 1:10 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:10 PM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:10 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 12:10 PM||2186 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:10 PM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 1:10 PM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sat 3:10 PM||2484 km||1544 miles||1341 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 12:10 PM||2778 km||1726 miles||1500 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:10 AM||3252 km||2021 miles||1756 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:10 AM||3372 km||2096 miles||1821 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.