Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 11:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.62 meters/second, 1564.6 km/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 31.1"||972.07 mi||West||0° 10' 12.1"||11.69 mi||North||972.48 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 11.9"||875.25 mi||East||4° 21' 39.5"||299.75 mi||North||931.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 1:20 PM||575 km||358 miles||311 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:20 PM||1151 km||715 miles||621 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:20 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 12:20 PM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 1:20 PM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:20 PM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 12:20 PM||2538 km||1577 miles||1370 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 3:20 PM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:20 AM||3017 km||1875 miles||1629 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:20 AM||3113 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.