Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.68 meters/second, 1564.9 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 31.9"||972.20 mi||West||0° 10' 12.9"||11.70 mi||North||972.61 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 51.8"||874.98 mi||East||4° 21' 52.7"||300.00 mi||North||931.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 1:30 PM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:30 PM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:30 PM||1695 km||1054 miles||915 nm||N|
|Alofi||Sat 12:30 PM||1703 km||1058 miles||920 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 1:30 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||973 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:30 PM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 12:30 PM||2301 km||1430 miles||1242 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:30 AM||2788 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:30 AM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sun 12:30 PM||2881 km||1790 miles||1556 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.