Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.31 meters/second, 1567.1 km/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 41.4"||973.61 mi||West||0° 10' 20.8"||11.85 mi||North||974.02 mi|
|24 hours||347° 03' 47.4"||871.99 mi||West||4° 24' 14.0"||302.69 mi||North||929.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Labasa *||Sun 2:20 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sun 1:20 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||N|
|Lautoka *||Sun 2:20 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||S|
|Levuka *||Sun 2:20 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||S|
|Nadi *||Sun 2:20 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||S|
|Suva *||Sun 2:20 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 1:20 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||E|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 3:20 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||E|
|Apia *||Sun 3:20 PM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||E|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:20 PM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.