Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 03:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.00 meters/second, 1569.6 km/hour, 975.3 miles/hour or 847.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.25 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 51.7"||975.16 mi||west||0° 10' 29.0"||12.01 mi||north||975.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 12.9"||868.71 mi||east||4° 26' 41.0"||305.49 mi||north||927.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Sun 1:20 PM||418 km||259 miles||225 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Sun 1:20 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||SW|
|Lae||Sun 1:20 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||NNW|
|Gizo||Sun 2:20 PM||973 km||605 miles||525 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Sun 1:20 PM||994 km||617 miles||537 nm||NE|
|Buka||Sun 1:20 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Sun 2:20 PM||1225 km||761 miles||661 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Sun 12:20 PM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Sun 1:20 PM||1688 km||1049 miles||912 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Sun 12:50 PM||1998 km||1241 miles||1079 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.