Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 04:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.28 meters/second, 1570.6 km/hour, 975.9 miles/hour or 848.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 55.9"||975.77 mi||West||0° 10' 32.3"||12.07 mi||North||976.18 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 36.8"||867.39 mi||East||4° 27' 37.7"||306.57 mi||North||926.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 1:40 PM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||W|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 1:40 PM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sun 2:10 PM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 2:10 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Sun 1:10 PM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Sun 1:40 PM||1296 km||805 miles||700 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Sun 1:10 PM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 1:10 PM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Sun 12:10 PM||2083 km||1294 miles||1125 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sun 12:10 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.