Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 04:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.33 meters/second, 1570.8 km/hour, 976.0 miles/hour or 848.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 56.9"||975.90 mi||West||0° 10' 32.9"||12.09 mi||North||976.30 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 17.2"||867.12 mi||East||4° 27' 49.2"||306.79 mi||North||925.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 1:50 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||W|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 1:50 PM||799 km||497 miles||432 nm||S|
|Dili||Sun 1:20 PM||1123 km||698 miles||607 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 1:50 PM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||S|
|Cairns||Sun 2:20 PM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sun 1:20 PM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Sun 1:20 PM||1288 km||800 miles||696 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Sun 2:20 PM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Sun 12:20 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Sun 12:20 PM||1913 km||1188 miles||1033 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.