Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 04:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.39 meters/second, 1571.0 kilometres/hour, 976.2 miles/hour or 848.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 57.6"||976.03 mi||West||0° 10' 33.5"||12.10 mi||North||976.43 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 57.6"||866.85 mi||East||4° 28' 00.6"||307.00 mi||North||925.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 2:00 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||W|
|Katherine||Sun 2:00 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||S|
|Baucau||Sun 1:30 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 2:00 PM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||SSE|
|Same||Sun 1:30 PM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Sun 1:30 PM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Sun 1:30 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||WNW|
|Kupang||Sun 12:30 PM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 2:00 PM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Sun 1:30 PM||1290 km||801 miles||696 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.