Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 5:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.61 meters/second, 1571.8 km/hour, 976.7 miles/hour or 848.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.0"||976.53 mi||West||0° 10' 36.2"||12.15 mi||North||976.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 48' 39.5"||865.77 mi||East||4° 28' 45.4"||307.86 mi||North||924.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 1:10 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Sun 1:10 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sun 2:10 PM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||NE|
|Same||Sun 2:10 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NE|
|Dili||Sun 2:10 PM||503 km||312 miles||272 nm||NE|
|Baucau||Sun 2:10 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||NE|
|Raba||Sun 1:10 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sun 2:40 PM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||E|
|Mataram||Sun 1:10 PM||862 km||536 miles||465 nm||WNW|
|Makassar||Sun 1:10 PM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.