Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 7:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 07:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.26 meters/second, 1574.1 km/hour, 978.1 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 11.0"||977.97 mi||West||0° 10' 43.4"||12.28 mi||North||978.37 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 54.4"||862.65 mi||East||4° 30' 50.2"||310.24 mi||North||922.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Sun 1:36 PM||199 km||124 miles||108 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Sun 2:06 PM||1204 km||748 miles||650 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Sun 2:06 PM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Sun 2:06 PM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sun 2:06 PM||1486 km||923 miles||802 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Sun 3:06 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||NE|
|Medan||Sun 2:06 PM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sun 3:06 PM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sun 2:06 PM||1975 km||1227 miles||1067 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Sun 2:06 PM||2008 km||1248 miles||1084 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.