Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.28 meters/second, 1574.2 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 11.3"||978.02 mi||West||0° 10' 43.7"||12.29 mi||North||978.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 46.6"||862.54 mi||East||4° 30' 54.5"||310.31 mi||North||922.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Sun 1:40 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Sun 2:10 PM||1275 km||792 miles||688 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Sun 2:10 PM||1538 km||956 miles||830 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Sun 2:10 PM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sun 2:10 PM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||ENE|
|Medan||Sun 2:10 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NNE|
|Singapore||Sun 3:10 PM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sun 3:10 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Sun 2:10 PM||2110 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||ENE|
|Pontianak||Sun 2:10 PM||2140 km||1330 miles||1155 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.