Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 1:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 13:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.18 meters/second, 1581.1 kilometres/hour, 982.4 miles/hour or 853.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 41.2"||982.30 mi||West||0° 11' 03.6"||12.67 mi||North||982.68 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 32.5"||853.10 mi||East||4° 36' 26.9"||316.64 mi||North||915.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luanda||Sun 2:06 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||ENE|
|Lubango||Sun 2:06 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||SE|
|Cabinda||Sun 2:06 PM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||NE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sun 2:06 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NNE|
|Uíge||Sun 2:06 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||ENE|
|Huambo||Sun 2:06 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||ESE|
|Dolisie||Sun 2:06 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||NNE|
|Malanje||Sun 2:06 PM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||E|
|Opuwo *||Sun 3:06 PM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||SE|
|Kinshasa||Sun 2:06 PM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.