Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.26 meters/second, 1581.3 km/hour, 982.6 miles/hour or 853.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 42.4"||982.46 mi||West||0° 11' 04.3"||12.68 mi||North||982.85 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 06.5"||852.73 mi||East||4° 36' 38.5"||316.86 mi||North||914.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luanda||Sun 2:20 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||ENE|
|Cabinda||Sun 2:20 PM||989 km||614 miles||534 nm||NE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sun 2:20 PM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Sun 1:20 PM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||N|
|Jamestown||Sun 1:20 PM||1285 km||798 miles||694 nm||WSW|
|Libreville||Sun 2:20 PM||1340 km||832 miles||723 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Sun 2:20 PM||1351 km||839 miles||730 nm||ENE|
|Brazzaville||Sun 2:20 PM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||ENE|
|Malabo||Sun 2:20 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NNE|
|Yaoundé||Sun 2:20 PM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.