Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 16:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.18 meters/second, 1584.6 km/hour, 984.6 miles/hour or 855.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 57.3"||984.52 mi||West||0° 11' 13.1"||12.85 mi||North||984.90 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 36.9"||848.04 mi||East||4° 38' 57.4"||319.51 mi||North||911.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Aracaju||Sun 1:20 PM||163 km||102 miles||88 nm||ESE|
|Alagoinhas||Sun 1:20 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||S|
|Feira de Santana||Sun 1:20 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Sun 1:20 PM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||S|
|Maceió||Sun 1:20 PM||305 km||189 miles||164 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Sun 1:20 PM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||ENE|
|Natal||Sun 1:20 PM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 1:20 PM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||N|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 2:20 PM||973 km||605 miles||526 nm||NE|
|Brasilia *||Sun 2:20 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.