Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 5:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 17:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.47 meters/second, 1585.7 km/hour, 985.3 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 02.1"||985.19 mi||West||0° 11' 15.9"||12.90 mi||North||985.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 48.6"||846.49 mi||East||4° 39' 39.7"||320.31 mi||North||909.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Félix do Xingu||Sun 2:20 PM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||NNE|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 2:20 PM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||S|
|Brasilia *||Sun 3:20 PM||831 km||517 miles||449 nm||SE|
|Belém||Sun 2:20 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||NNE|
|Manaus||Sun 1:20 PM||1104 km||686 miles||596 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sun 2:20 PM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||ESE|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 3:20 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo *||Sun 3:20 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||SSE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 1:20 PM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||W|
|Sucre||Sun 1:20 PM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.