Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 7:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 19:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.04 meters/second, 1587.7 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 11.5"||986.47 mi||West||0° 11' 20.9"||13.00 mi||North||986.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 22' 22.0"||843.52 mi||East||4° 40' 55.9"||321.76 mi||North||907.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Sun 2:16 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||ESE|
|Loja||Sun 2:16 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Sun 2:16 PM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||N|
|Portoviejo||Sun 2:16 PM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||N|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 2:16 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Sun 2:16 PM||1085 km||674 miles||586 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 1:16 PM||1375 km||855 miles||743 nm||NW|
|Rio Branco||Sun 3:16 PM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||E|
|Cali||Sun 2:16 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sun 3:16 PM||1570 km||975 miles||848 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.