Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.06 meters/second, 1587.8 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 12.0"||986.51 mi||West||0° 11' 21.1"||13.00 mi||North||986.87 mi|
|24 hours||12° 22' 15.1"||843.41 mi||East||4° 40' 58.4"||321.81 mi||North||907.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trujillo||Sun 2:20 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||ENE|
|Callao||Sun 2:20 PM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||ESE|
|Lima||Sun 2:20 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||ESE|
|Cuenca||Sun 2:20 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Sun 2:20 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Sun 2:20 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 1:20 PM||1301 km||809 miles||703 nm||NW|
|Rio Branco||Sun 3:20 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||E|
|Cali||Sun 2:20 PM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sun 3:20 PM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.