Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.18 meters/second, 1588.2 km/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 13.8"||986.77 mi||West||0° 11' 22.0"||13.02 mi||North||987.13 mi|
|24 hours||12° 21' 32.8"||842.80 mi||East||4° 41' 13.2"||322.09 mi||North||906.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 1:44 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||NNW|
|Guayaquil||Sun 2:44 PM||1186 km||737 miles||641 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 2:44 PM||1187 km||738 miles||641 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Sun 2:44 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||NE|
|Cali||Sun 2:44 PM||1899 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||NE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 3:44 PM||2173 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||E|
|Bogota||Sun 2:44 PM||2180 km||1355 miles||1177 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sun 1:44 PM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||N|
|La Paz||Sun 3:44 PM||2244 km||1394 miles||1211 nm||ESE|
|Panama||Sun 2:44 PM||2249 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.