Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 11:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.18 meters/second, 1591.9 kilometres/hour, 989.1 miles/hour or 859.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 31.0"||989.03 mi||West||0° 11' 30.5"||13.18 mi||North||989.37 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 19.1"||837.36 mi||East||4° 43' 12.1"||324.35 mi||North||902.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 1:50 PM||25 km||15 miles||13 nm||E|
|Papeete||Sun 1:20 PM||1425 km||886 miles||770 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 3:20 PM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:20 PM||2292 km||1424 miles||1238 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 1:20 PM||2542 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sun 12:20 PM||3441 km||2138 miles||1858 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:20 PM||3459 km||2149 miles||1868 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 1:20 PM||3536 km||2197 miles||1909 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 6:20 PM||3773 km||2344 miles||2037 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Sun 1:20 PM||3893 km||2419 miles||2102 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.